International vehicle shipping is quite different from domestic shipping. There many legal and logistic hurdles that both vehicle owners and transport service providers need to take care of, to ensure a smooth transportation. Half the battle is won when you find a competent international shipping service provider. In addition, however, it is equally important to document everything required in the process for a hassle-free vehicle shipping experience. A safe way to avoid any chaos is creating a checklist that includes all the essential things that you need to take care of while shipping the vehicle. Let’s look at what all you need to include in the list.
- Provide a valid proof of ownership of the vehicle, which is the original certificate of title or a certified copy of the original certificate.
- If exporting through a land border port, ensure that you submit the ownership document to the port at least three days prior to exportation.
- If the car is leased or has a lien, present the letter from the lien holder or lease holder in order to authorize the vehicle to leave the country.
- A new car without title needs to have a manufacturer’s statement of origin in lieu of the title.
- You need to show a sales invoice, bill of sale, right of possession or any other document to prove lawful ownership of a junk vehicle or the one with no certificate of title.
- International ocean freight shipments that have motor vehicles need to show the original title of the vehicles with at least three copies of the title (front and back).
Preparing the Vehicle
- Cleaning the vehicle expedites the vehicle survey and inspection process prior to shipping.
- Prepare the vehicle for different climatic conditions. Check the transmission oil, engine coolant, and other fluids.
- Inflate the tires according to the recommended PSI and ensure that the battery is in a good condition. The emergency brake should function smoothly.
- Turn off all the alarms in the vehicle, as these could drain out the battery, if not disabled.
- Leave at least ¼ tank of fuel in the vehicle, as it could be turned on during loading and offloading.
- Provide one set of keys of vehicle to the shipping company
- Remove stereo/faceplate and GPS device
- Do not keep personal belongings such as sunglasses, CDs, DVD players, loose car parts, sun deflectors, etc in the vehicle.
Last Few Words
Timely and safe delivery of the vehicle also depends on the competence of the international shipping company you choose. A reputable and experienced company guides its clients through each step of the process, ensuring that they adhere to the strict custom rules and regulations. While it is important to prepare your vehicle and documents for the overseas move, you cannot ignore the importance of hiring the right company. EasyHaul has years of experience in auto logistics and shipping. We take pride in providing exceptional overseas shipping services to clients at competitive prices. If you wish to learn more about international shipping and how we can assist you with the next move, get in touch with the team at +1 (360) 597-9320.
Pingback: Shipping a Pickup Truck - EasyHaul Blog
Pingback: A Brief Guideline For Exporting Your Vehicle from The USA - EasyHaul Blog